Friday, November 19, 2010
A new career in the medical field.........I think not!
So, today while getting discharge instructions for Matt's knee, we had a little mis-hap. Everything was fine until the nurse was almost done. Then it hit me. That oh so familiar feeling. I usually only get this feeling when I'm in the hospital getting an IV line put in. I started sweating, getting dizzy, and feeling a bit queezy. I leaned on Matt's bed when the nurse looked at me and asked if I was ok. I said, I think I'm going to pass out. Before I knew it, they were grabbing nurses from the hall, pulled up a chair, sat me down, gave me an ice pack on my neck, cracked open an alcohol pad and had me sniff it, and gave me a can of o.j. Whew. That was crazy. Matt was looking at me like what are you doing? We almost had to have someone else come pick us up from the surgery center. So the moral of the story is......I will NEVER work in the medical profession! Something about smells, sights and sounds that just don't work for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Laurie! You are a crack up! I wish I could have seen that.
smells, sights, and sounds...OR...you simply couldn't stand him getting all that attention :)
SO FUNNY!
Post a Comment